Dear entrant in the 2016 OCDX contest
The Oceania DX (OCDX) contest committee is pleased to announce that the results of the 2016 OCDX contest have been published on the OCDX website (www.OceaniaDXcontest.com). Congratulations to all the participants, especially the winners who triumphed over the poor radio conditions.
Low solar activity in the PHONE section, and high QRN in the South Pacific for the CW section, made the OCDX contest one of the more challenging events. Nevertheless, we are delighted to report an increase in the number of entrants: 1,192 logs were received, a pleasing advance on 2015’s total of 1,169.
Participation from Oceania and Asia increased, especially Indonesia, the Philippines, East Malaysia and Hawaii. Activity from 9M6, A35, DU, KH0, KH2, V85, and VK9 was very welcome. Encouragement for newcomers to contesting in Indonesia included a contest-within-a-contest to earn tee shirts sponsored by enthusiastic YB Elmers.
Remarkably, despite the challenges, some 26 new continent records and 144 new country records were set in 2016.
“It is hard to work with VK or ZL with low power and wire vertical on the balcony” said DD5KG. “Fortunately, there were a few stations with big antennas able to read even my weak signals!”. Many entrants commented on the poor conditions. “Someone built a Faraday Cage around Australia” said VK3NCC, “and the S8 QRN was unbelievable”. JK7DWD told us “Many thanks to all who were patient with me pulling calls. Every QSO is appreciated.” The final comment from ZL2AGY sums it up. “Roll on next year!”
Certificates have been awarded to the top scoring station in each category for each continent and country. Additionally, a participation certificate identifying the number of successful QSOs has been awarded to each station that participated in the contest. The certificates are available for individual entrants to download and print at their convenience via the links on the results page .
WINNERS OF 2016 PLAQUES AND TROPHIES
- OCEANIA Ron Wills ZL2TT Memorial Trophy – YB1AR
- OCEANIA PHONE SO 40M Plaque – YD1SDL/2
- VK6NE Memorial Plaque – VK6NE
- OCEANIA PHONE M2 Plaque – VK4KW
- OCEANIA PHONE Newcomer Plaque – DU7JAY
- OCEANIA CW SO ALL Plaque – VK2BJ
- OCEANIA CW SO ALL LP Plaque – YC1ME
- OCEANIA CW SO 40M Plaque – ZL1AM
- OCEANIA CW M2 Plaque – No eligible entrants
- OCEANIA CW Newcomer Plaque – ZL4YL
- AUSTRALIA PHONE SO ALL LP Plaque – VK4LAT
- AUSTRALIA PHONE SO ALL HP Plaque – VK2BJ
- AUSTRALIA Frank Hine VK2QL Memorial Trophy – VK2BJ
- AUSTRALIA Club Plaque – Geelong Amateur Radio Club
- VK5 PHONE SO ALL LP Plaque – VK5PAS
- VK5 CW SO ALL LP Plaque – VK5LJ
- NEW ZEALAND Club Competition Plaque – No eligible entrants
- INDONESIA PHONE SO ALL Plaque – YB1AR
- INDONESIA General Licence PHONE SO 40M Plaque – YD1SDL/2
- NON-OCEANIA PHONE SWL Plaque – Patrick Marteville F-59706
- ASIA PHONE SO ALL Plaque – JA6GCE
- ASIA PHONE M2 Plaque – HS0ZIA
- ASIA CW SO ALL Plaque – RM0F
- ASIA CW M2 Plaque – HS0ZIA
- NORTH AMERICA PHONE SO ALL Plaque – KA6BIM/7
- NORTH AMERICA CW SO ALL Plaque – N8OO/5
- EUROPE PHONE SO ALL Plaque – RJ4P
- Mirek Rozbicki VK6DXI Memorial Plaque – R4RE
LOG CHECKING REPORTS
A log checking report is produced for each entry in the contest. This report includes information about QSOs that were busted and removed from the score calculation. You can request a copy of your log checking report by sending an email to the contest committee at firstname.lastname@example.org .
2017 OCDX CONTEST
The next OCDX contest will be held on the first two full weekends of October 2017 as follows:
PHONE: 08:00 UTC Saturday 7 October to 08:00 UTC Sunday 8 October
CW: 08:00 UTC Saturday 14 October to 08:00 UTC Sunday 15 October
The rules for the 2017 contest can be found on our rules page at http://www.oceaniadxcontest.com/Rules/rules.html .
We look forward to seeing you again in the 2017 event, and please encourage others to join us to make it the best OCDX party ever!
Oceania DX Contest Committee
ZL2IFB, ZL3GA, VK2HN, VK3GK, VK3MI/ZL1AZE, VK3TZ, VK7GN